These are general guidelines only. Please consult with Dr. Massie, Dr. O’Brien or Dr. Hausler to determine your sheep’s specific needs.
- –Covexin 8 or CD & T vaccine
- -Initial vaccination at 8 and 12 weeks, followed by an annual booster.
- -Rabies vaccine
- -Initial vaccination at 12 weeks, followed by an annual booster.
Pregnant ewes should receive their annual boosters 30 days before their anticipated lambing date.
- -Lambs should be dewormed every four weeks until six months of age.
- -Adults should be dewormed every four to six weeks. Please consult with Dr. Massie, Dr. Vandrey, or Dr. O’Brien to develop your deworming schedule.
Available herd health testing:
- -Caseous Lymphadenitis.
- -Ovine Progressive Pneumonia.
- –Rectal ultrasound can confirm pregnancy 35 days post breeding.
- -Trans-abdominal ultrasound (more typical) can confirm pregnancy 75 –100 days post breeding.