Rose Hill Veterinary Practice was founded in 1998 with the goal of providing full-service care to all animals in a previously underserved portion of the Virginia Piedmont. With headquarters in Rappahannock County, the practice has grown to include two full-service facilities. The Large Animal Practice started in 1998 as a solo ambulatory practice and now has three veterinarians providing full-service, farm-to-farm care. In 2006, we opened a treatment facility for our Large Animal practice that allows a greater depth of care and houses some of the most advanced equipment and services available.
In 2003, we opened our full-service Small Animal Clinic where our clients also enjoy a dedicated staff that provides the most in-depth care with the most advanced equipment in the region. Our three veterinarians provide high quality medicine and surgery in a quiet, relaxed environment where both the patient and the owner can enjoy their visit. Our support staff is among the most experienced, talented and compassionate within our profession.
Whether you have a large farm operation that needs a veterinarian or you have a tiny kitten that needs care, Rose Hill Veterinary Practice, P.C. has the tools and the trained staff to assure a positive experience for all. We are all dedicated to providing quality client service in a friendly and professional manner.
The Veterinarian’s Creed
- To regard my profession as something more than a means of livelihood;
- To value character more highly than reputation and truth above popularity;
- To be merciful and humane, preventing needless suffering among dumb beasts;
- To be faithful and zealous, preventing needless loss to those I am called on to serve;
- To guide my conduct by sober judgement and my judgement by a never sleeping conscience;
- To be modest and open-minded and thankful for every opportunity to increase my knowledge and my usefulness;
- To be a coworker with my fellow practitioners by the mutual interchange of counsel and assistance;
- To be true to myself, measuring my success by the value of the service I render rather than by the fee I receive.
R. R. Dykstra, Dean College of Veterinary Medicine, Kansas State University 1918 – 1948